How do I change audio hardware acceleration to help solve audio problems?
You can set different levels of audio hardware acceleration to help solve problems with the audio.
1. Open the Start Menu and Select the Control Panel.
2. Click on the Sound, Speech and Audio devices icon.
3. Click on Sounds and Audio devices.
4. In the Speaker Settings area click the Advanced button
5. Choose the Performance tab, in the window that appears you can draw the slider to lower the level of acceleration. For solving problems usually a lower acceleration setting means fewer problems.
See also related article on how to reset your audio hardware to help solve problems.
See also related article on how to use Windows Troubleshooting wizard to solve audio problems.
|Penumbra series: The game crashes - Have recently changed sound settings and/or using SoundBlaster X-Fi.|
|How do I reset my audio/sound card settings?|
|How can I find out what sound/audio card I have?|
Powered by KBPublisher (Knowledge base software)